Combs Ford News
- Victoria W in Year 6 has written about the role our school played in the Stowmarket Remembrance Day services.
- An invitation to create a decoration for our tree at the festival.
- We have an Aviva Community Fund page that needs your votes before the 20th of November to help us secure funding.
- Our first fundraising event of the year!
- Our poppies are on display!
November 2018 - The Year 6 children, from both last year and this year, have worked really hard to play a special part in the Stowmarket Remembrance Day services. Last year, after reading War Horse, Year 6 wrote letters to the Mayor to persuade her to honour all the animals that had given their lives during WWI. They were successful and a plaque has been installed dedicated to them - well done Year 6!
This year's Year 6 children have written poems that were read during the day itself by Ben, Victoria and Matilda. Well done them! We also received a special mention in the East Anglian Daily Times!
Autumn 2018 - Before the summer holidays, all of the children made a poppy using lots of different techniques and materials, from tissue paper and pipe cleaners to crocheting! Our poppies are now on display at the Museum of East Anglian Life to commemorate the First World War, alongside some writing by the older children. Check out the photos below and go and see it in person before Remembrance Day!
Here at Combs Ford Primary we have lots of special events throughout the year. Some are for particular year groups and other are for the whole school.
This year, we are raising money to buy new books for our school. We have already had our first fundraising event - a non-uniform day on the last day before October half term - and we are excited to raise more money to buy some fantastic new books for the children!